Lost: Red Carry-On Handbag

We finally made it to Delhi! Slept most of the leg from Hong Kong to Delhi as well.

Anyway, from the International terminal Mom and I collected our big bags and met my cousin Ripunjay to then take us to the Domestic terminal. Very nice of him considering its 3 AM India time. 15 minute car drive. Can't understand why the terminals are separated, but it is what it is. Got my first whiff of India. Not too bad. :)

We got to the Domestic terminal, said "Bye" and "Thanks" to Ripunjay and guess what? We realized that we left our red handbag in the International terminal...How this passed my anal organizational skills...I don't know. And trust me, I was not very happy. Anyway, since we already received our boarding passes we weren't allowed to leave the airport.

I went up to one of the airport police officers and asked what my options were..My first try at Hindi. I remembered Anju telling me, "You'll be amazed about how much Hindi you know". Ju, you were right, I was amazed :) The police officer basically told me that my only option is to talk to the airport manager.

I get directed to the airport managers office. Imagine an Indian police office station with no jail cells...Oh yeah, she also had AC. And yes I said She. She was on the phone with I'm guessing another worker, yelling at them, telling them that "Savathari" is sleeping in the ladies bathroom while she should be cleaning. She reminded me of an old Indian bollywood lady villain.

She got off the phone and I explained our situation. Very cooperative. Called the international terminal and asked Cathay to look for it. They hadnt found it yet, and Mom and I had to board our flight to Patna. We left her Mamu's cell phone number and asked if it was found, to call Mamu. She said it shouldnt have been able to leave the airport, but we were doubtful that we'd ever see it again.

Mom called the luggage "bechara". I thought over what the contents were: my sleeping pants, my sleeping shirt, Mom's kurtha & pajama, chocolate, and CRAP my camera charger & US --> India plug adapter. The US --> India plug adapter would be an easy find in India, but the camera charger, not so easy. So unfortunately I have to be very tight on pictures. Important events only!

No comments:

Post a Comment