MONT-FREE

Afer the lost bag debacle, Mom and I walked with our tail between our legs through security check. One of the officers asked us where we were flying from. I answered "US". He then proceeded to ask where exactly in the US. I said San Francisco, thinking he probably didn't know too much about the cities in the US. Boy was I wrong. Not only did he know where San Francisco was, he also knew Union City, Newark, Oakland, and just about every city in between SF and Fremont. I said "Wow! You know a lot about the San Francisco area". He said "Of course, that's where my Gijaji lives." I asked where? He said proudly "Mont-free!" It took me 2 minutes, but I corrected him and asked "Fremont?" And like a true Punjabi, he clapped his hands and snapped and said "Hahn!"

But wait..it gets even more weird. His relative in Fremont is married to Gagan, my travel agent that booked this flight! After we made that connection, I proceeded to walk away. He stopped me and said in Hindi "If I want to send something to them, can I send it through you?" I of course responded with, "Of course!" knowing very well Ill probably never see him again. I am not Sandhya, who manages to see the most random people in the most random places :)

No comments:

Post a Comment